Some of my experiences as a bride-to-be



Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Final days

Its been a while since I have posted about wedding things and thats because Jon and I bought a house about 3 weeks ago.  The final few weeks leading up to actually closing were pretty stressful and it seemed like everyday there was a new issue that arrived.  We ended up closing on the day that we originally had planned on and then Jon and I left as soon as we were done signing the next 30 years of our life away for our bachelor/bachlorette weekends. 

Since closing on the house I literally feel like every second of everyday is planned out.  People keep asking me how I feel that the wedding is getting so close and to be honest - that changes by the hour.  One hour I am completely overwhelmed by vendors calling to check-in, a contractor calling to come finish work at our house and a furniture delivery guy calling to say hes running behind and the next minute I just feel excited and anxious. 

Truth is, buying the house was a great decision- we are very happy with it, but I just wish I had more patience for our life to be out of sorts for a little while- its killing me that there are still unpacked boxes, packing materials and rooms that need to be painted and I know I just need to tell myself to slow down.  After all, I will need some projects to work on when we get back from the honeymoon or else I might go into depression that the wedding is over and I don't have anything to plan anymore. 

After moving in a hurricane this weekend, I had goals to refinish two pieces of furniture this week and decided that I need to refocus on wedding things and start to get myself excited because last week I was so stressed I wasnt even excited, I was just overwhelmed.  Between coordinating 3 contractors, 2 pieces of furniture being delivered, scheduling a moving truck, a washer and dryer to be delivered, working our move around an imending hurricane, all while trying to keep my final dress fitting appointment and final stationary arppointment and working my 8-5 job - I didnt sleep for 3 days and I think I only ate 2 meals in that time span.  These are my final days as a bride-to-be and I really want to enjoy them. 

This week I feel better, the house has enough furniture for us to sleep and eat in for the few days that we will actually be here before the wedding and I have moved all the unpacked boxes into one location so we arent tripping on them. I have been able to switch my focus back to seating charts and floral arrangements, and packing for the honeymoon!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment